03 February 2007

26.2 Miles of Pure Joy


For one reason or another, I have decided to run my very first marathon this June 16th in Duluth, MN. Among those reasons is that since Joel and Phil are both running, I couldn't be the only Bratsch brother to not have run a marathon. Another reason is that I am not too bright.
I'm excited about the marathon - I used to be a long distance runner in high school, but it's been a long, long time since I've run consistently. So I'll try to keep the one or two of you that might be interested up to date on my training which officially starts on February 12th.
If anyone would feel so inclined, I would love some comments or emails where you can yell at me like you are my old high school track coach. Comments like "Lift your knees!" or "Get the piano off your back!" would be appreciated. Be creative.
Also, Jess pointed out the other day that I will be high-altitude training for this marathon which may give me that edge that I need to beat at least Phil. Ha.

2 comments:

Ben said...

paul, you should run a belly-tracker to tally the loss of yours as you prepare for grandma's. it would be kind of be the inverse of jess' as she got further along with silas.

ben

Jessica Bratsch said...

I know you're not saying I have a belly big enough to track. I know that instead you mean that you want to trade me David Wright for Matt Garza and $5.