31 July 2006

Role Reversal

In a bizarre twist of events, Jess now lounges around the house all day, while Paul runs errands and does the laundry. That's right, Jess is now on bed rest.


This past Wednesday, Jess had a febofibofebrin (make that fetalfibronectin) test at the doctor's office... and she passed! That means a 15% chance of delivering the baby in the next two weeks. It also means the baby wants to come out early. So Jess is on some medication to slow contractions, she went in for two different steroid shots (she is really muscular now, but doesn't have a low voice, thank goodness), and is forced to lie on the couch all day, reading, watching tv, and having snacks brought to her on demand. While some of us have been dreaming of that type of life since kindergarten, for some reason Jess is feeling lazy and bored. So feel free to send her emails or letters or to give her a call. pauljessbratsch@hotmail.com She may be able to work you into her schedule.

1 comment:

Stacy Ruth said...

Sorry, but you don't "pass" the fetal fibrinectin test...I couldn't help being a dork and saying that, since I know how and why they do that test. Anywho, I wish you the best Jess on your bedrest and such, and pray that everything goes smoothly!

P.S. I didn't mind my college roommates at all :)