[alarm ringing] - [BAM!] (snooze...)
[alarm ringing] - [BAM!] (snooze...)
[alarm ringing] - [BAM!] (snooze...)
[alarm ringing] - [BAM!] (snooze...)
[alarm ringing] - [BAM!] (snooze...)
Jess: "Are you ready to go to the doctor's appointment?"
Paul: "Sure. Just let me not shower and not eat breakfast and I'll be right there."
Two hours later, Jess and I were at the hospital, our still-in-the-womb baby kung-fu-ing every fetal monitor within kicking range, and I regretting not showering or eating a Pop-Tart when I had the chance.
It Also Happened This Way:
Today, Jess was sent by her doctor to labor & delivery at the hospital (because of high blood pressure and wacky reflexes in her ankle.) It turns out that Jess has a mild case of preeclampsia, a condition that, if it worsens, could cause Jess to have seizures. We were inches away from Jess having to stay at the hospital for the rest of the pregnancy, and several feet away from having to induce the baby there and then.
Now there is a doctor's appointment every 2 days and if anything even remotely out of the ordinary happens to Jess, it is straight back to the hospital for us.
And so it seems that at any time in the near future, we could be inducing and thereby adding a healthy, strong, and seemingly strong-willed baby to our family.
We are doing well and are getting excited about the baby coming soon, but we would still love it if you all could say a prayer for the health of Jess and our baby.
"For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made."
Psalm 139:13-14a
2 comments:
May the Lord bless and keep your baby, may the Lord's face shine upon him/her and be gracious and give him/her peace!
God will take care of you friends! Trust in Him always...He is great and greatly to be praise (Ps. 145:3)
Hope we can visit you when we're out there in October!
May the Lord bless and keep your baby, may the Lord's face shine upon him/her and be gracious and give him/her peace!
God will take care of you friends! Trust in Him always...He is great and greatly to be praise (Ps. 145:3)
Hope we can visit you when we're out there in October!
Post a Comment